Monday, July 28, 2008

Our weekend at the Cabin




























We went up our our cabin in Steamboat this past weekend. It was so nice to get out of town and enjoy the summer time in the mountains. The weather was beautiful (about 85 degrees) and the scenery was even better. The wildflowers cover the mountains, the wildlife is out, and the activities are endless...I love Colorado in the Summer!
We went into town to Fish Creek Falls and hiked to the falls and then through the River. After we spent some time at the falls we headed back into town, where we spent some time at a Farmers Market and finished up the afternoon at Beau Jo's Pizza. It was a great day to spend time outside in the beautiful surroundings but more importantly with the Family!

The trip to the cabin would not have been the same without Sophia barfing in the Car! We figured out that she gets car sick. Is there Dramamine for toddlers?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I used to get sick EVERY time we went up to Estes Park. For Sophia I suggest Dramamine Chewables. For children 2 to under 6 years ¼ to ½ chewable tablet every 6-8 hours; not more than 1-1/2 tablets in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor. (I got that on their website!)

I love the pictures! The kids and the flowers look great!

Emily said...

Oh what wonderful pictures. I love the kids on the rock at the falls. Wasn't that a perfect hike for them? We went two years ago. The pictures you took of the flowers are beautiful. I love the ones Gabe is offering to you!

I was going to suggest dramamine, too. Ask Kim, both her kids get carsick.

Amber said...

I love the pictures!!! They all look so cute!!!But all I have to say is im so glad I was not there this time to get barfed all over. Boy that was a trip last time..Always make sure you bring lots of bags with her...

Meghan said...

You guys are so lucky to have a cabin in the mountains - what a fun trip!
And what sweet kiddies you have!