Sunday, July 6, 2008

It rained AGAIN!!!




Every year our church has a 4th of July picnic and every year it rains! Well, this year no change it rained again! We have not had any rain in Aurora for weeks but, of course as soon as we head to the church picnic, it starts sprinkling. The picnic was held at the Aurora reservoir and to get into the reservoir you pay a fee of $7 per car load...so...we figured to save the money we would park at our friends house and walk there. Well, sure enough the sprinkles turned into a downpour! It rained and rained AND rained...we had no choice but to walk home (with the kids) in the rain. And, of course we did not plan ahead and bring an umbrella..so we made makeshift ponchos out of trash bags and made a stroller cover out of the picnic table cloth (picture attached). We have all vowed not to go next year....but, I am sure we will be there...side dish in hand!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm already planning my side dish for next year - I was thinking something with bananas, olives, onions, and a light vinaigrette! STOP IT!!!

Jared and Andrea said...

Jared will try it!!!

Just remember we were making a memory!!!

Coach A said...

I know... I can not believe that someone brought that! You are right Ann it is about the memories!

Emily said...

Someone brought something with those ingredients??? Ugh!

I LOVE the trash bag brigade! You all look soooo cute!

Memories. . . aaahhh.

Becky said...

But remember, "we need the rain". How fun! I wish I had a video of you running up the hill with my with my grandchild. I'm just glad the children were all able to breath.Yes, it is the memories

Amber said...

Dont worry are 4th got rained out also...but then again it rains here every day!!!