Sunday, January 31, 2010

Gabe-e is still my baby!


This morning we went to church and as usual I was running pretty late. Sophia had to go to the bathroom "weally bad" so I let Gabe out with Sophia so he could walk her to the bathroom while I pulled the car around to park. I decided to pull around to the side door of the church, hoping that Ella and I could slide in without everyone discovering our tardiness. Gabe took his sister to the bathroom and then met Ella and I at the door to the girls classroom. As I was in the process of getting the girls all situated in their classroom I mentioned to Gabe that he should walk himself down to his class so that he would not be much later and miss the entire lesson. He agreed and walked down to the classroom and entered on his own.


It has been very nice that over the past few months that Gabe has "grown up" a little and is able to be more responsible for himself and help out much more with the sisters. I do have to admit that it has also been a bit bittersweet as well... he is my first and he will always be my baby even though he is almost 7.

Anyway....

After...I got the girls situated in their classroom I proceeded to walk to my class and I see a distraught Gabe running down the hall towards me tears and all! He ran up to me and gave me a big hug right at my thighs and said..."mommy you did not give me a kiss and say goodbye!"


Ughhhhh....my heart just melted! Even though Gabe is almost seven and he is becoming so independent he still needs me and Gabe-e will always be my baby!!!

1 comment:

MamaHen Em said...

He is one of the sweetest kids I know. It was really sweet to see him all snuggled up on your lap, soakin' up the lovin'! I think no matter how big they get, always, always they're your babies!